Drunk Robot Games
Based in Fort Collins, Colorado
Comedic and filled with character and cats, A Purrtato Tail places the player in the paws of Queen Pixel - leader of the potato cats. Whiskered whispers speak about a race of mysterious bioluminescent creatures whom thrive in the dark, appearing across the Isle of Moar. The existence of the Nightshades proves to be real when they burst forth from the shadows, igniting their secret plan by kidnapping Queen Pixel's most trusted adviser - the Elderstar. The Queen of Purrtatoes must now venture into the world, navigating treacherous pits by collecting characters, connecting them together to form bridges and ledges. She must solve puzzles within the world itself by utilizing the unique abilities of each character, fight Nightshades with her sharpened claws, and discover the foul secret of the Nightshades' dark plan.
A Purrtato Tail was first envisioned in early 2016 as a stage-based puzzle game. After initial playtesting, we quickly found adding a playable character to interact with the gamepieces made the title that much more fun, and opened the doors to turn it into a Metroidvania. Over two years in the making, A Purrtato Tail is now an exciting and anticipated product that combines action, adventure, exploration, collecting and a JRPG inspired story.
- Cat-fruits! Cat-vegetables! Purrtatoes, Purrsnips, Purrnapples...
- Build your party with over 20 unique vegetable-cat characters!
- Form ramps and bridges with your party members.
- Use each character's ability to cut ropes, fill water basins, move heavy objects, and more.
- Brew and drink catnip-infused tea for heals and boosted stats with the Tea Crafting system.
- Collect cards throughout the world and build decks to fight characters in the Spherical Link card game!
- Explore an open 2D world filled with plenty of hidden nooks and crannies!
Announcement Trailer YouTube
Game Introduction Playthrough YouTube
RedVonix Interview at Digital LA E3 After Party YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "MAGFest 2017 Indie Videogame Showcase" Official Selection
- "The MIX E3 2017" Official Selection
- "Denver Comic Con 2017" Official Selection
- "The world where Watch Dogs 2 sits beside Mafia III beside Ladykiller[In a Bind] and beside A Purrtato Tail is the world I need to live in right now."
- Kathrine Cross, Waypoint
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
A Purrtato Tail on twitter.com.
A Purrtato Tail on instagram.com.
A Purrtato Tail on facebook.com.
The Purrtato Community on discord.gg.
The Beginning of an Idea - How Purrtato Began
The origins of A Purrtato Tail favrohub.com.
Castle Town Theme WIP
A Work in Progress version of the music for Purrtato Castle, written by Brent "Brentalfloss" Black soundcloud.com.
PewPewCat interviews RedVonix about a very early demo of A Purrtato Tail. pewpewcat.com.
The Gameslave Podcast Mini Interview
The Gameslave Podcast interviews RedVonix on the show floor of Denver Comic Con about A Purrtato Tail. stitcher.com.
About Drunk Robot Games
Drunk Robot Games is a development studio in Fort Collins, Colorado. Just like the amazing bubbly concoction our logo enjoys drinking, we are always there when you need us. We like cats, robots, and beers, and have discovered the secret formula to utilize their combined powers to generate entertaining entertainment. Founded and managed by RedVonix, we develop original titles for PC/Mac and Consoles.
More information on Drunk Robot Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
A Purrtato Tail - By the Light of the Elderstar Credits
Design, Programming, Writing
Yon & Yonder Studio
Brent "Brentalfloss" Black